- What is Earth Observation and geospatial intelligence?
- How have satellite form factors and technology evolved over the past few decades?
- What type of satellites are in orbit and how are they different?
- What are the real-life commercial uses cases for radio frequency EO satellites?
- Details on Spire Global’s leading edge constellation and SaaS centric business model
CEO of Spire Global
- Peter Platzer is CEO of Spire Global. He co-founded the company in 2012 with a vision to provide satellite-powered data from any location on Earth. Peter is regarded as one of the pioneers in launching small form factor satellites into space and was named a White House Champion of Change in 2013.
- Prior to launching Spire, Peter trained at CERN and the Max Planck Institute before turning to business with the Boston Consulting Group in Germany, Singapore, and Thailand. After attending Singularity University’s inaugural Executive Program in 2009, Peter decided to leave finance to focus on high frequency and high accuracy data in space.
- He interned at NASA Ames’ Space Portal and in 2012, graduated with an MSS from the International Space University. Peter received an M.S. in Physics from the Technical University of Vienna and an M.B.A. from Harvard, where he was a Baker scholar.