- There’s more satellites getting deployed than ever before, what are the major secular drivers for this?
- In respect to connectivity constellations, how do you think that market looks like in the future?
- Can you explain the basic elements of these satellites and how they communicate with each other and with the ground?
- Why has the connectivity been traditionally so slow?
- How big is the market for optical communications and over what timeframe?
- Seems in the Space segment, the Defense industry is driving more of the market movement right now. What do you see happening in the commercial market currently and over the next few years?
Chief Executive Officer,
- Appointed in March 2019, Bulent is responsible for driving the company towards its ultimate aim of establishing itself as the market-leading global provider of laser communication products and systems.
- Bulent began his career as one of the first employees at the then newly-established SpaceX in 2004, having graduated from Stanford University, and the Technical University of Munich. At SpaceX, he was essential in growing the company’s avionics department from seven people to over 200 and was, as Vice-President, responsible for the avionics and control of the Falcon rockets and Dragon capsules. Bulent was also Vice-President of satellite mission assurance for the Starlink mega-constellation.
- Between 2014 to 2016 Bulent was a partner and mentor at the Munich area industrial start-up accelerator TechFounders and served as Head of Digital Transformation and Innovation at Airbus Defence and Space.