- Why we don't only rely on rockets?
- Overview of space tugs and propulsion
- Importance of satellites
- D-Orbit philosophy about “New Space”
CEO and Founder, D-Orbit
- In 1998, Luca left his airborne officer career and obtained a Master’s in Aerospace Engineering in Italy (2003).
- After a year working in the US for a lab on nanotechnologies applied to space propellant, he returned to Europe and got a Ph.D. in Advanced Space Propulsion. Afterwards, Luca founded IRTA (startup providing advanced vision and slow motion tracking techniques).
- In 2009, Luca won a Fulbright scholarship and in 2010 obtained a Certificate in Technology Entrepreneurship in Silicon Valley. After an internship position at NASA Ames Research Center, Luca returned to Italy and founded D-Orbit in 2011.