dbSustainability: Glencore and net zero by 2050
- Glencore’s route to net zero
- The role of banks, engagement with asset managers and the company’s thermal coal strategy.
- As the world’s largest thermal coal exporter, we also explore the growing trend of thermal coal exclusions by asset managers and whether coal ownership and responsible stewardship can be compatible with a Paris aligned strategy.
Head of Sustainable
- Anna is the head of Sustainable Development at Glencore, based in Switzerland, and has been with the company for nearly 10 years.
- In her role, she leads engagement with external stakeholders, including government, investors, media and civil society on matters relating to sustainability.
- She is also responsible for the design and implementation of business strategies that reflect the challenges associated with the political, social and environmental landscape.
- Before joining the mining sector, she was Associate Director, Governance & Sustainable Investment at F&C Asset Management (now BMO), where she lead the human rights and global mining sector engagement programme of F&C and advised on policy development for the company’s ethical funds.